The Only Stand Hammered Dulcimer Stand - Extra Tall Model
We have had several requests for extra tall stands for people over six feet.
To make a properly balanced stand that is the right height for you, we will need to know the model or and/or the dimensions of your dulcimer and using your current stand, the following measurements:
- the distance from the floor to the bottom of the front rail of your dulcimer
- the distance from the floor to the bottom of the back rail of your dulcimer
If your current stand is too short for you, give us the measurements above and estimate how much higher it would need to be for your best comfort.
All stands are made to order and are shipped UPS within 2 business days of completion. An estimate of time to completion will be given when we confirm your order with you.
Maple or Cherry with solid color webbing - $200 plus shipping.
Maple or Cherry with print webbing - $210 plus shipping.
The Only Stand is a truly unique take on the traditional one-height, one-angle scissor stand. You can even adjust it for uneven footing when playing outside.
The secret is all in the straps:
- Straps at the top of the stand allow adjustment for sitting or standing height
- Straps instead of metal hinges which eventually pull loose or break
- Two wrapping straps securely hold the legs together for carrying
- Center handle and shoulder strap make carrying a breeze
- Large, easy-turn knobs
- Multiple holes on each leg allow adjustment for multiple playing angles
- Non-marking rubber cushions are safe for your dulcimer
Both Standard and Compact models in Maple or Cherry are very sturdy – they easily hold my David Lindsey Grand, which weighs over 50 lbs, steady as a rock.
Videos showing how adjust and use The Only Stand (and how NOT to use The Only Stand!) can be found on our Media page. Contact Us if you have any questions or would like advice about which model would be best for your needs.